Sunday, May 5, 2013

The legal scavenger hunt

The past week I have been undergoing a scavenger hunt, but with no fun involved, only my gas, and precious time. I knew from the beginning that getting the title would be hard, multiple trips to varies agencies and shops in and around Ithaca would be involved, but I did not know how genuinely angry I would get when told "Sorry sir, you're in the wrong line" or "A surety bond? I have no idea what that is, I'd go back to the DMV if I were you."
In the month, I've been to the DMV twice, Andrews Agency Insurance once, An online bonding agencies site or phone call 3 times, and yet I still have made ZERO headroom on the Title for this motorcycle. Evidently my next step is to have a dealership appraise my bike, so I can tell the Price to the bonding agency and we can get this ball rolling. One exception though, the dealership I spoke with (Goldsport Suzuki) said I needed to bring the bike in for them to actually physically appraise it. I was expecting the Kelly BlueBook value, not a full inspection, if they appraise the bike in its current state they will say it's scrap metal! Tomorrow I will call Goldsport and talk with Jerry (the owner) who is a personal friend of my father and I think he can appraise the bike without me bringing it in. I'm crossing my fingers that after this, the bonding process is smooth sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment