Friday, May 17, 2013

problems, problems problems...

This is a view of the bottom of the engine, the hole is where the oil filter goes, and there is a cover that is connected to the broken stem within the hole in this photo. I broke the stem by over tightening the oil filter cover, this was a mistake on my half, after reading the owners manual, I learned that only 22 Foot Pounds of force was required to fasten the cover. The stem is currently broke off inside the filter port, It's extremely hard to remove even with pliers. Oil runs through the down stem (broken) and the holes in the stem allow oil to be released where is is forced to run through the paper filter. With a broken stem, there is no way to fasten the oil filter in place nor the cover plate. I ordered another oil filter case, It should be here by Monday but either way, this problem will put me behind schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment