Sunday, May 5, 2013

Need motivation? Declare a deadline

I agree with many parts of this article, but not all. Deadlines are good motivators for some, but if your like me, regardless of when the deadline is, the task will not be finished until the night before. I think that it is more important to set small goals within a big deadline. IN the Author of this article's case, she should have publicly announced a deadline, and then privately rationed the task into a series of small goals, this would make the article she promised a much easier job. Deadlines are beneficial for some and detrimental and embarrassing for others, they appear to be a good life skill and it's something I need to improve at.
(As I finished the article I realized one of the final paragraphs address' my suggestion above, whoops)

No comments:

Post a Comment